MY YEAR 2008

Like any other ordinary woman my age, I am eager to find out what life in the future looks like, so I started building dreams, formulating, experimenting tried and tested ways of uncovering mysteries about falling in love. But that was it, nothing more. No reciprocation or whatsoever.


Towards April, my excitement grew as we're going to Baguio City for our retreat. It was my first time to travel via air, very memorable because it happened on my birthday!Wheew! no amount of happiness could describe my joy at that moment. We arrived in Manila at 9:30 in the morning. 

It was a nice trip, lots of laughter, lots of thrill and great anticipation. We reached Baguio City at night and my stomach started to rumble with nausea. At Betania I found out that the weather was really intolerable so I trembled hard while unpacking my clothes.I went to bed each night with thickly covered clothes.


We'd a nice session because or retreat master, Fr. Rex of the Society of Jesus of the Ateneo de Manila, gave his lectures with lots of humor so we ended up laughing loudly at every meeting. He made us super relax, we just listened to his lectures, no activity or group sharing, so it was fantastic!


A day after our retreat sessions, we toured around Camp John Hay at the PMA training camp, we got a chance to visit the Strawberry Farm, the Burnharm Park, the Presidential mansion and other beautiful spots in Baguio. Five days later we're back in Manila with a great contrast! The weather was punishing and the environment was full of dust, I detested it. But still lots of adventure had taken place. I got a chance to ride in MRT, went to ABS-CBN compound and posed at Pinoy Big Brother house. I went to Trinoma, Rockwell, Greenbelt and Megamall with my sister and a college friend. We're back in Davao on the 10th of April.


I also joined the engineering faculty in island hopping a week later. By November, NTP recollection was held at Eden Nature Park in Toril, Davao City, so once again, I had a great time with my colleagues frolicking around the area until 5:00 in the afternoon. 


This was the year where I built dreams enormously around my small world, believing in my own judgement that I can sustain it up to the finish line. I thoroughly convinced myself that everything was magical and that the emotion I nurtured was accurate. But until December bids goodbye, hopes seemed a jigsaw puzzle in my tired brain. But I did not lose hope for the best to come. I thought everything was mutual. Until I discovered something terrible in the following year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE QUEST

Positive Outlook to face Another Year

My First Travel Abroad!