Practicing a Job Interview

Okay, this is some sort of practice.

Since I am just waiting to finish my masteral degree and look for another job where I could maximize my potentials, I did some research about the possible job interviews thrown by prospective employers. 

I always considered oral interviews as scary, it terrifies me, I have this less-than perfect oral recitation skill back in school :-)

So to prepare myself for this nerve-wracking ordeal, I gathered possible questions:

What is your greatest strength?
I pride myself for having this very flexible attitude when it comes to meeting deadlines. My experience as a freelance writer online thought me so many things about submitting work on time.

What is your greatest weakness?
I have this very bad stammering habit. I stutter a lot so I have this less-than-perfect oral communication skill. It's something I dreaded with but I am slowly working on it because I know it is a disadvantage especially in a globally competitive workplace.

How do you handle stress in the workplace?
I never consider stress as a hindrance to my work so to minimize the pressure, I always see to it that I organize my tasks, prioritizing the critical tasks that need to accomplish first.

Why Should we hire you? (another nerve-wracking question since your employer will size you if you are really worthy to be part of the company)

I am confident that the requirements of the job matched my skills. I have this great desire to be successful. I am a team player and flexible in meeting deadlines. 

If you could choose someone (dead or alive) to have lunch with who would it be and why?

Steve Jobs. I always admired his remarkable managerial and entrepreneural skills. 

Describe your dream job?

I always wanted to work as a market research analyst, there's something in research that I find very challenging and fulfilling, the discovering of the market needs matching with the consumer needs, the ideas to be developed and the solutions to a certain need. I am always curious towards so many things in life and the field of research will allow me to work on things that need to be answered.

Are you a risk taker?
I must admit that for the past ten years of my life I did nothing but to keep myself safe because I was so afraid to try anything that would inflict danger in my life. But recently, I acknowledged the necessity of taking risk no matter how terrifying it is. It opens door for discovery and self improvement.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE QUEST

Positive Outlook to face Another Year

My First Travel Abroad!