Going Home

At the start of Lent Season, I made a promise to practice some exercise of self-mortification, discarding temporarily some sort of luxury and fun. So I started eating simplest meals. During the day, I only resort to plain vegetables, fish, boiled eggs, fresh fruits and oatmeal. At night, I have nothing but Whole Wheat bread, fruits and hot green tea.

In my whole existence, I never put my self in a strict diet, though I ridiculously gained weight in my high school years, except for drinking Kalamansi juice before taking breakfast, I never practice any form of dieting solution, so eating simple foods is just a plain routine for me. For the past 10 years, I am eating healthy foods only, no softdrinks, no coffee, no excessive meat intake.

Last night while eating sea foods, I suddenly missed my life in the province, the joy, the laughter, the tranquility of the surroundings, the beautiful scenery at sunset and the magnificent sunrise near the beach. So I decided to come home this April, around Holy Week to be with my family and to breath the fresh air of the countryside.


Deep inside, I know there's something missing, I don't know what it is but beneath my laughter, emptiness yelled me at its loudest form. But I don't want to focus on it, I want to ignore it. I just keep my self busy with my studies and my writings.

I also missed my family and this summer is a perfect time to be with them and to enjoy the calm environment of the sea and the mountain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE QUEST

Positive Outlook to face Another Year

My First Travel Abroad!