Holiday

Today is Araw ng Kagitingan, a national holiday in the Philippines, though I am slightly disappointed when the Philippine President did not move it on Monday, I am still relieve that it is a nonworking day.

At 11:00 am, I and a friend went to Ate Pearl's house in Bangkal for their house blessing and got lost along the way!

The grueling heat of the sun was so terrible.

But it was a nice afternoon anyway, we had a wonderful lunch and had a good time with our friends. I went home past 2:00 o'clock. After resting for 30 minutes, I worked on my blogs, updating entries then searched for royal videos in youtube until I landed on the old videos of the royal family when Diana was still alive.
The late Princess of Wales, Diana
Diana and her two young sons, Prince William and Prince Harry

I saw the video taken in 1985 when the Princess of Wales, Prince Charles and the two young boys, William and Harry, were enjoying the airy afternoon at Highgrove estate. While observing these cute boys, I noticed how naughty Prince Harry was, inflicting some dust in his nose while insisting to be carried on the private helicopter of his father. Prince William was so funny and bubbly, always making sure he did the right thing. He imitated the gesture of the man giving signal to the helicopter as it took off and Diana laughed.

Then another video which made me laughed, was the one taken in Kensington Palace in 1983 where Prince Harry, then one year old, crawled vigorously on the floor giving his parents a hard time chasing him then hid in one of the tables prompting Prince Charles, with his black suit and shiny shoes, to scamper on the round table lifting the table cloth and peeping at his younger son's hiding place. Prince William chuckled at his brother's naughtiness.
Lady Diana Spencer on the day of her wedding in July 29, 1981, her veil held in a Spencer sparking tiara
The Waleses. Princess Diana holding Prince Harry, Prince Charles holding Prince William

Then I viewed the royal wedding of Diana and Charles in 1981 and how Diana radiated on that beautiful ivory silk tafetta gown. I also viewed her interview with Prince Charles right after the announcement of the engagement. I noticed how behaved and innocent Diana was, her words crafted so naturally without any traces of insecurities, she was so innocent, yet exuded a refinement marked by her upper-class upbringing. Then I watched the file videos of her funeral. Such an emotional scene indeed.

I went to bed at 3:00 in the morning!waaaah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE QUEST

Positive Outlook to face Another Year

My First Travel Abroad!