Happy Birthday Helen!!

One of my dearest best friends in life is celebrating her birthday today, August 1, and since I cannot give her a present due to distance (she is currently based in UAE) I'll just post one special entry for her birthday as a gift (it's the thought that counts haha!).

To the readers of my blog, let me introduce to you my super generous and truest friend in life, Helen Montero.

She's my former colleague in the University, we've been friends since the 1990s and had been sharing sooo many secrets in life, hehe! I'd shared some of the most delicate issues of my existence, happy moments, painful encounters, prospect for the future, plans, everything.

She is such an incredible person you know, that someone you've been dreaming to become your friend in life: Generous, deeply religious, reserve, extremely modest, loyal, understanding and thoughtful, yeah that's Helen, no exact amount of words to say how lucky I am to be her friend. She is more like a sister to me. When I am down and at the lowest point of my life, it's her whom I always run to, seeking comfort and sympathy. She often rescued me from tribulations, giving me inspiring words to ponder on. So amazing!!

Helen is extraordinarily kind and ultra generous, every time she comes home she never forget to bring tons of pasalubong and I received plenty of it hehe! She has the kindest heart, so compassionate. She is someone who freely gives more than she gets.

We have lots of things in common which explained why we easily got along, maintaining the same intensity of friendship through all these years. Aside from you know our gradually-waning-fascination towards hitching a guy (hahaha), we longed to travel to Vatican City in Rome together. Hope we can make it in the years to come :-)

To Helen: May you will be blessed with a wonderful life ahead, excellent health, successful career and safe environment over there in UAE. Happy Birthday!!

I could not think of anything to describe how grateful I am to be her friend other than this beautiful song from Dan Seal:

IF I HAD ONLY ONE FRIEND LEFT

I always thought you were the best
I guess I always will.
I always thought that we were blessed
And I feel that way still.
Sometimes we took the hard road
But we always saw it through.

If i had only one friend left
I'd want it to be you.

Sometimes the world was on our side
Sometimes it wasn't fair.
Sometimes it gave a helping hand
Sometimes we didn't care.
'cause when we were together
It made the dream come true.

If i had only one friend left
I'd want it to be you.

Someone who understands me
And knows me inside out.
Who helps keep me together
And believes without a doubt,
That i could move a mountain
With someone to tell it to.

If i had only one friend left
I'd want it to be you.

Someone who understands me
And knows me inside out.
Who helps keep me together
And believes without a doubt,
That I could move a mountain
With someone to tell it to.

If I had only one friend left
I'd want it to be you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEN!!!Be blessed!Missed you!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE QUEST

Positive Outlook to face Another Year

My First Travel Abroad!