Memories of Generosity


Tied in compassion and wrapped in the warmth of sweet-scented memories, a poignant recollection of generosity sometimes is the best comfort to cling to this Christmas.

Have you ever thought of remembering people in your circle at Christmastime whom you no longer see because of distance? How about the people who have been so generous to you down through all these years? Are you still relishing those heartwarming gestures?

Well, I am...

Despite my unsuccessful attempt to reconnect with the missing dot, so to speak, I am nevertheless very grateful that at one point in my life, there was a very generous person allowed by God to cross my path, who never failed to delight me comes the holiday season. Though what is left now is just an obscure puzzle of what ifs and buts, and none of those ifs could possibly turn into an extraordinary sparkle....still I am very thankful to be blessed with such kind of encounter.

Since some people often associate Christmastime with the excitement and joy of gift giving, I am reminiscing the moments where I became a lucky recipient of someone's generosity. Journeying back to the good old days of thrill and delight, I mused over at  the most memorable presents I ever received, not only during the holiday season but on some occasions like birthday and even ordinary days.

I must admit, I am a little bit difficult, edgy and can't be pleased too easily, I have a hard time blending with people, especially new associates, because things get too quickly on my nerve--the boring conversation, the loud people, the rowdy and uninteresting scene, the contrasting lifestyle. It would take eternity before finding myself so at ease at anyone's company.

Not all my friends easily get what I truly desire or yearn at the moment, some of them will keep on asking what I prefer which I find slightly annoying because I simply don't like to be badgered with the things I prefer as a present.

 But there's one person in my circle who really know the real me and every time he give a present, it is always perfect and timely, he seems to know exactly what I want, felt like he had read my mind and scrutinized my needs. All the gifts he gave were exactly the stuff I love. So touching!

They say, you've just meet your duplicate---someone with the same character, when that person easily gets what you want, quickly grasps your likes and preferences and immediately recognizes your wishes. Someone who understands the real you better than anybody else.

From trendy bags to journal/book to apparels and countless
food treats, he seems to know exactly what I want. This Christmastime,
nothing more is heartwarming than reminisced those touching gestures of generosity.
At times, when he found my demand too pushy and no time to ponder
on my stubborn request, he would just give me money so that I can buy the things I want, e.g Pierre Cardin's blouse and Rusty Lopez's footwear ^____^

Oh how I missed those wonderful times, not only receiving gifts but wrapping my presents too, but as what this beautiful quote would put it: "Some of the most beautiful days come completely by chance, but even the brightest days eventually have their sunsets", fate intervened, everything changed and life has never been the same again.

In this season of joy,  hope, remembering and sharing, I am wishing nothing for him but wonderful graces from heaven and may his generous heart continue to shine to give light to every room he would enter and make the people closest to him happy, full of perfect bliss. I cannot thank him enough for being so generous whole year round.

“The simple gift of giving becomes an elaborate rich aftertaste 
of a natural blissful feeling, lingering endlessly in my lifetime.”
- Wes Adamson

“A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”  
-Steve Maraboli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE QUEST

Positive Outlook to face Another Year

My First Travel Abroad!